Friday, October 3, 2014

Week 25

I am officially 25 weeks along! Only 14 to go, before we meet our babe.

Clark is the size of an Eggplant this week, or about 9 inches long and about 1.7 pounds. This week he is packing on fat to fill in his wrinkly skin and his nostrils become unclogged. Also, the next three weeks are when he is supposed to be the most active.  I can't wait to feel more of his acrobatics!


Here is more of what went on last week:

Cravings: Milk milk milk and milk. And lets not forget the banana cream pie shake! I made one out of desperation on Sunday.  It was alright, but not the same.

Belly button: It's doing this half in half out thing. The top is an outie, but the bottom is still an innie.

Wedding Ring: ON

Movement: Clark is moving a TON. He is getting pretty good at kicking me through his anterior placenta. (the placenta has attached itself on my tummy side, rather that on my sides or back. So to get me to feel anything, he has to kick pretty hard.)

Sleep: It's...alright.  I had an unfortunate experience at the hospital this week that has left me in some considerable pain, so shifting and turning from one side to the other actually makes me call out in pain.  (more on this later) Other than that, its been good!

Signs of Labor: The short answer is no, thank goodness. If you want to read about my scary hospital story, read on.
Tuesday at about 10:30 PM I felt like my water had broken. It felt EXACTLY like it did when my water broke with Sara. So, I called my dr.'s after hours number and was instructed to go to labor and delivery. Dan and I are living in Alpine while we wait for our house, but we are planning on delivering in Provo. So we had to decide. Do we go to American Fork hospital because they may just send us home, or do we drive all the way to Provo in the chance that my water really had broken and they refuse to let me go home? In the end, we decided to make the trek to Provo, just in case. Once we got to L&D, I had to have a few tests done to figure out if, in fact, my water really had broken. This included a vaginal exam. WORST. EXAM. EVER. It pulled out tears and a cry of pain from me and a concerned look from Dan. And also a bit of blood. In the end, my water hadn't broken and we were send home. But Wednesday was a one-floor-day. I could not move very far or very fast. Thursday I was feeling much better, but did way too much and re-injured myself by running, so today- Friday -I am once again having a one-floor-day. No stairs for me. Hopefully I am feeling good enough to go to the BYU game later, but we will see.

Best Moment Of The Week: Being able to leave the hospital with Clark still growing and healthy. And also, hearing our babes heart beat for 2 hours straight while waiting for test results in the hospital. He hated those monitors and would kick them. The nurse had to fight with him to get it to stay on. :)

Worst Moment Of The Week: Thinking that my babe might be born at 24 weeks and that he would have a very rough time of it out of the womb.  Stay in babe! And stop making momma worry! (good luck with that)

What I'm Looking Forward To: Buying baby stuff! I'm feeling antsy. I think it might be a mad rush at the end to get everything.

Victories of The Week: Keeping a baby in me! Wahoo!

I planned on taking a "bump" picture of myself...but it just didn't happen. I shall try to remember to take one soon.








No comments:

Post a Comment