Thursday, November 6, 2014

Week 30

Huzzah! Ten weeks left until my due date! The last ten flew by, so I'm hoping that's what happens for the next ten weeks too. Unless he comes early...We will cross that bridge if it comes.

This is what is going on with Clark and me in week 30:

Clark is about 15.7 inches long and about 3 pounds. Apparently, that's about the size of a large cabbage.  His vision is improving, but only slightly. He is still practicing "breathing" and is swallowing quite a bit of amniotic fluid a day.

Now that I am in the third trimester, I am expected to get more tired and clumsy as the weeks go on. That explains a lot, actually.

Here is the list:

Cravings: Nothing in particular. I did have a pretty intense craving for another BLT the other day. But nothing new.

Belly Button: Same as two weeks ago. Kinda in, kinda out.

Wedding Ring: Off. :(  Boo. I have been banned from wearing it since this last weekend.  Dan and I cat/house sat for my brother and his wife while they were gone. My fingers were swollen, but I was determined to keep wearing it. So, I shoved it on. My finger turned purple instantly, and Dan had to slowly twist it off while I whimpered in pain. So, Dan banned me from wearing it for the rest of the pregnancy. I think I could still wear it most days, but alas, it is not to be.

Sleep:  I'm doing ok in this area. Mostly. I am sleeping A LOT, though. I keep waking up to find myself on my back which freaks me out, but thats ok.

Signs of Labor: No, but I'm starting to feel huge.

Best Moment of the Week: Our house drama finally took another step forward. Hopefully USDA approves of the work being done and will take our loan. Positive thoughts toward this happening are VERY appreciated.

Worst Moment of the Week: My mom started chemo last week. She has been diagnosed with breast cancer and it has been very...I'm struggling to find the right word here. Stressful. Emotional. Sad. Nerve-wracking. Choose any of those. My mother has been so strong and brave about the whole thing. I'm so proud of her and hope that I would handle such a life changing challenge as gracefully and as bravely as she has.

What I'm Looking Forward To: The house we are buying has a giant soaking tub in the master bath. I can't wait to take a bath where water covers all of me and not just 60% or so.

Victories of the Week: Not peeing my pants once! I have been a little extra sneezy lately. I'm not sick, but it does cause some problems with keeping myself dry. Yay for not needing to change half way through the day!

Here is a really crappy picture of my giant belly.



No comments:

Post a Comment