Tuesday, December 23, 2014

36-ish Weeks

Ah.  The home stretch. I am currently 36 weeks and 5 days along. So, pretty much 37 weeks. But whatever. I only have three weeks left until my due date. I'm hoping he comes a little early (kind of), but Dan would prefer if he waited until after Christmas to make his debut.

This week Clark is full term, depending on where you look. Some websites claim 37 weeks to be full term, but some claim 39 weeks is full term. I'm just happy he is still growing and developing. As much as I would like to have him here now, I would rather he stay cooking until he is all ready. ;)

He is the size of a winter melon this week. Again, where are these people finding all these obscure fruits and vegetables? I have no idea what a winter melon is.  From pictures, it looks like a giant cucumber. Here is one for your viewing pleasure:

We are FINALLY homeowners!! We love our new house and we are almost completely unpacked. My beautiful sister Tori came over and helped me put Clark's crib together. The recliners that Dan and I picked out will be coming Christmas Eve. I have washed and folded all of Clark's clothes and blankets. I have packed his hospital bag and packing mine is on the agenda for this week. I am starting to feel like we are actually somewhat prepared. There is still a lot to do, however. We will get there, I'm sure. It might all happen after he is born, but what can you do. I will do my best to get pictures soon.

Cravings: None, really. I still eat inhumane amounts of peanut butter every day though. I may not be able to eat peanut butter (or Honey Bunches of Oats) after this pregnancy.

Wedding Ring: Still wearing the sub-par replacement.

Sleep: Same as always. Can't seem to get enough of it.

Signs of Labor: Quite a lot actually! Two days ago, I had a lot of contractions. None of them were consistent enough to call it 'real' labor, but they must have done something. I had my doctor appointment yesterday and they "checked" me for the first time. I am currently measuring at 2 cm and am 70% effaced. Yay for progress before actual labor pain! Clark is in the "negative one" stage, which means he is still really high up. Apparently second babies rarely "drop" until you are in full labor. I have also had quite a few contractions yesterday, but again, none of them were consistent. They are, however, getting stronger. They are still not strong enough for me to stop what I'm doing or saying, but they are stronger.

Best Moment of the Week:  Putting Clark's room in order and building his crib. I can't wait to have everything ready for this babe to come!

What I'm Looking Forward To: The recliners Dan and I bought to come on Christmas Eve. We bought two because they were on super sale or something. Also, because we are not good at sharing. Seriously, I think I sat in it for a good half hour in the store. I haven't been that comfortable in months.

No comments:

Post a Comment