Thursday, December 4, 2014

34 Weeks

Heyo! I am 34 weeks along today! I have not been good at writing these on the actual day that I graduate from week to week. Sorry about that. I will attempt to be better at that. Maybe. It all depends on how many episodes of Gillmore Girls I end up watching on Thursdays. (I think I'm on number 5 right now. I would be embarrassed, but I'm not. What? It's a good show!)

I'm not planning on changing out of my pajamas today.
So here is a very cute piece of pregnancy art that I'm seriously considering buying
instead of a scary photo of me.
You're welcome.

Clark is currently the size of a cantaloupe...I think we did this one already. Is a summer cantaloupe different from a regular cantaloupe? I think that's what he was a couple weeks ago. Any how, he is approx. 4.75 pounds and 18 inches long.  Half of every pound I gain until he is born is from him. He is swallowing about a pint of amniotic fluid every day, practicing for when he is born.  He is quickly running out of room, and is expressing his displeasure (or maybe he likes it?) by planting his feet in my ribs and kicking anything that intrudes on his shrinking bedroom. (like Daddy's arm or head if rested on my tummy. I love it.)

I got our car seat in the mail this week! We are skipping the infant car seat stage all together and going straight to the convertible.  This thing is giant. Clark is going to look so tiny in it. I installed it into my car yesterday...for those of you who don't know, my car is a tiny Honda Civic coupe. It fits, but barely. And getting him in and out will require no small amount of gymnastics. Luckily, it fits better in Dan's car where it will live most of the time anyway. (It has seat anchors, and mine doesn't)

You may remember me complaining about my pregnancy induced monster acne. If you have seen me lately, you have come face to face with it. I'm sorry. It is scary. These are not just little zits. These are giant, painful, red, tender, welts that are very distantly related to acne only because that's what my doctor says it is. I have tried everything you can safely do while pregnant to get rid of them. And...TaDa! I found a way! Dan and I buy the Thieves Hand Soap from Young Living Essential Oils and one day (Monday) I decided to wash my face with it. A few hours later and I saw a MAJOR difference in my complexion. Thank goodness for not looking like a 16 year old with volcano level acne.

Cravings: Nothing in particular the past week. Brownies. My Mother-In-Law made these super good homemade brownies and they smelled soooo gooooood. Which isn't good because of my doctor mandated no-sugar rule.

Belly Button: Same old same old. No change.

Wedding Ring: Bah. I wish I was still wearing it. I went out with Tori to do some Black Friday shopping and found a (sub par) replacement that is large enough to not freak Dan out. That means it is also large enough to fling off my finger at random times. Oddly enough, this happens mostly in the bathroom, where it almost always barely misses falling into the toilet.

Sleep: Same as always. Needing more and more and needing to go the bathroom more and more. A nap is a daily need now. Sometimes, this nap happens after a few hours of waking up for the day. Everything makes me tired now. Especially showers. I dread taking them because I know I will want a nap afterwards and then I ruin my chances of any semblance of a good hair day.

Signs of Labor: Just the random contraction every now and again. And pelvic pressure that comes and goes. Nothing to indicate Clark's arrival anytime soon.

Best and Worst Moment of the Week: Remember when I said we would be moving a few weeks ago? Well, that didn't happen.(Worst) This weekend, though, is the real deal! We are closing on Friday. (Best) So that means we are ACTUALLY moving this weekend! I have seriously been freaking out that we are not in our house and I am this far along. Clark could come literally any day and we are grossly underprepared.

What I'm Looking Forward To: Sleeping on my back again. I have been missing it this last week. It will be even better when I have an adorable babe to snuggle with.

No comments:

Post a Comment